Transport Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Pse Global Muscat
Pse Global Muscat urgently required following position for Transport Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Transport Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Pse Global Muscat Jobs Details:
Logistics / Middle East Muscat, Oman - Omani National Only
Official Job Title: Transport Supervisor
Superior’s Full Name: Logistics Manager
Assigns the transportations resources accordingly with the demand and optimization analysis, selecting, negotiating and contracting transportation service providers, assuring the company policies and quality standards, aiming to achieve the transportation cost target and the service level required by the sales strategy, through the control and monitoring of the service providers performance. Implement and control the standard driver’s qualification profile, developing the training material and coordinate its execution, aiming to have a high performance delivery team.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Matheus Leao
02 Senior Route Planner
02 Transport Analyst
INTERNAL CONTACTS: EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
• AKF Dept Heads (Finance, Accounts, Sales, IT, HR);
• AKF Logistics Managers;
• AKF Shipping and Planning and Inventory Manager Analyst
• AKF Area Sales Managers and Key Account Managers • Reefer Trailers Transporters;
• Distribution Transporters;
• Container Transporters
• Graduation in Engineer or Business Adm;
• Post Graduation in a recognizable institution is desirable;
• Minimum of 05 years of experience in logistic management of FMCG products (fast moving consumer goods)
1. Strong organizational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
2. Excellent budget handling skills
3. Good numeracy skills for financial management
4. Be able to think logically and analytically
5. The ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
6. Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
7. IT skills
8. A good leadership and motivational skill
9. Budget management, Project management and Verbal and written skills in English
1. Experience in FMCG distribution and transportation
2. Experience in Routing System and Fleet Management System
3. Good Knowledge of SAP to support the implementation.
The position shall coordinate with 3 work cells and be able to implement parallel projects of improvement:
1. Cell 1: Freight Payment Control and Analysis
- Control and approve all the transportation expenses in Oman (USD xx MM / year), from the primary to the secondary distribution, maintaining a centralized control report confronted with the system documents of transfers and invoices, willing to assure the integrity of the freight payments and a real time freight cost control. Manage all the transportation contracts and documentations. – Transportation Cost(USD) / Sales Volume (Ton) –
Primary Transportation Cost / Ton –
Integrity with SOX requirements.
2. Cell 2: Routing Plan Central
- Implement a centralized Routing Plan system (Roadnet) and team, integrated with each local branch, to do all Oman daily delivery routing plan. Maximize the utilization of the resources in the system and keep it always updated, through implementation of a routine and standard flow of communication with the operation team. The main aim is to centralize the delivery “intelligence” targeting to be a benchmark in service level to the customers and efficiency in the utilization of the trucks. – Number of Clients Served; –
% of Fleet Utiliation; –
Secondary Transportation Cost / Ton. –
% OTIF –
1. Cell 3: Improvement Projects
- Implement a fleet management system, with the support of the International Suplly Chain Dept, to enable a real time monitoring of the truck position, temperature and delivery plan execution. Standardize this tool to be the main point of communication between the operation, sales team, drivers and customers.Create the SOP and implement with operation.
- Improve the standard model of truck, truck boxes and refrigeration equipments, working together with the local homologated factories and aligned with corporate standards (CIEX Brazil). –