Chef Partie Pastry Jobs Vacancy in Eto Caffe Muscat
Eto Caffe Muscat urgently required following position for Chef Partie Pastry. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Chef Partie Pastry Jobs Vacancy in Eto Caffe Muscat Jobs Details:
British all-day dining cafe and restaurant L'ETO is coming to Muscat, Oman and is hiring for a number of full-time positions. We are looking to hire a Pastry Chef who is able to create a broad range of baked goods from gourmet pastries to custom cakes. If you are a detail-oriented Pastry Chef with appreciation for artistic presentation and a strong background in cake creation, we want to hear from you.
The Pastry Chef is responsible for daily preparation of high quality pastries, cakes, fillings and toppings, including their design, creation, execution with the standard recipes and presentations in order to ensure excellent quality and consistency throughout the dessert offerings. The pastry chef also assists in production and maintenance of par stocks of pastries and desserts with proper rotation of products and maintaining highest cleanliness and hygiene standards in the pastry kitchen.
- Responsible for day-to-day preparation of a wide variety of goods such as cakes, pastries, cookies, truffles, bread etc. by following recipes
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation is on high level
- Coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation while working closely with the Head Pastry Chef and Sous Chef
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards
- Follow proper handling of all food products
- Maintain accurate counts on all food items prepared insuring no discrepancies in the amount of food ordered versus amount of food prepared
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and notify Head Pastry Chef of all product shortages
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement, new designs or create new ideas
- Provide training and supervision to apprentices and chefs in the pastry kitchen
- Being able to assist in any area within pastry kitchen
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
Culinary Diploma/Certificate from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
5+ years experience in the pastry making or as a Pastry Chef, preferably in an environment with high volumes
Skilled in making desserts, pastries and other baked goods and possesses strong decorative techniques Able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and evenings
Positive attitude and good communication skills
Must be able to provide a portfolio of creative work
Salary: from 350 Omr to 600 Omr depending on qualifications. Accommodation provided. Required to attend training at L'ETO Dubai.
Job Type: Contract